Monday, January 16, 2012

On This Day

I have to work on Martin Luther King's birthday and I have for the past several years. So just like I have done in past years I will be donating today's salary to a non-for profit organization that I feel advances the principals of justice and fairness that Dr. King fought and died for. Last year my donation was to the Innocence Project and I decided after what I saw happen to Troy Davis this past year that I will be donating to them again this year. My small gesture may not free anyone who has been wrongly imprisoned, but hopefully it will inspire others who believe in justice and fairness to reflect opon Dr. King's contribution to the world, to perhaps make a contribution of their own instead of using today strictly for liesure.

No comments:

Post a Comment