Sunday, December 19, 2010

1995 BMW csi

If I was selling dope in 1995, this would have been my ride of choice. Now I know it sounds really negative to say the only way I could have bought this car is if I was selling drugs but all of the adults I knew who were making what I considered a lot of money in 1995 went to work everyday. This car retailed for around $90,000 15 years ago, and unless you sold crack rock or had a wicked jumpshot you were not seeing one of these.

I like this car so much because unlike the other BMWs at the time or even now, it was intentional flashy and loud. If the other Beamers were Brooks Bros. suits, the 850 is something Steve Harvey would wear. This model had a V-12 engine which was so ridiculous that the the end of 1996 the csi could not be sold in the United States because it did not comply with new emission regulations without substantial re-engineering. It was actually electronically limited to a top speed of 155 mph.

Even though this car only got about 12 miles per gallon, I would drive around town all day blasting "Warning" by the Notorious BIG for no reason but to let the suckas know I am not putting up with any foolishness. I would switch it up at night when I pull up to the club, I'd play "I'll Take Her" by Ill & Al Scratch. I hated that group but Brian Mcknight was on the hook of that song to smooth it out, and it just seems like something you should play before you step into the club with the sole intent of stealing some fool's woman!

2 comments:

  1. I will concur with your statements. I am a fan of the late 90s wide body Beemers. There was something about their aggressiveness that was untouchable by anything but the feds. I keep telling myself that I'm gonna grab a 98' for the road when I'm done with my truck. Then again, I say a lotta things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jarrett...this article is too funny...a steve harvey suit...you wouldn't be caught dead in one but you would have driven it vehicular equivalent...you are a real piece of work...stephgib

    ReplyDelete