Wednesday, October 20, 2010

This Guy Has No Reason To Be Smiling

Yesterday I did something that I have never done, and that was feel sorry for Clarence Thomas. During yesterday's news cycle it was revealed that his wife Virginia decided to call Anita Hill and leave this on her voice mail.


“Good morning, Anita Hill, it’s Ginny Thomas. I just wanted to reach across the airwaves and the years and ask you to consider something. I would love you to consider an apology sometime and some full explanation of why you did what you did with my husband. So give it some thought and certainly pray about this and come to understand why you did what you did. Okay have a good day.”

Now if he put his wife up to this, I feel sorry for him becuase having your woman fight your battles for you in this manner are the actions of a born again bitch. If his wife did it on her own, then I really feel sorry for him because he clearly does not have his woman in check. Most people don't even bring up Anita Hill when they speak about Clarence Thomas. His views on the reach of Executive Powers and the 4th Amednment are much more worthy of conversation. I don't know what how she thought it would be benefiting her husband by refreshing everyone's memory about how his confirmation brought Long Dong Silver into the American lexicon.

Anita Hill did the classy thing when she got the voicemail. She dismissed the request, contacted the authorities, and said no comment. Now if she was not such a classy individual, I see her return voicemail going something like this.

"Good morning, Virgina, this is Anita Hill. First bitch, let me start by saying that I don't appreciate people calling here playing on my goddamn phone. If anyone is owed an apology it is me. Your husband has not always been henpecked and simple. The last thing you want me to do is give you a full explanation about what went down. Back in the day when we worked together at the EEOC, Clarence was a stone cold freak and liked to tell people all about it. Since it is clear that you've got more heart than your punk-ass old man, why don't you quit with the childish phone games and come see me so we can talk this out woman to woman. We can talk about about how I was willing to take a lie detector test 19 years ago and your husband wasn't, we can talk about how your PAC took half a million dollars from a secret donor so you could dress up like an idiot and sell tax cuts for the rich to working class people, or we could just talk about how you need to shut the fuck up when grown folks is talking. Have a nice day"

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to know that you brought some sunshine to my cloudy day with this one. The return voicemail is CLASSIC.

    ReplyDelete