Thursday, November 4, 2010

This Is The Best Review Of Anything Ever!

As much as I like video games, I could not be less excited about Kinect for the Xbox 360. I play video games instead of exercising for a reason. If I wanted to work up a sweat, I would actually go outside. Anyway, Justin McElroy wrote a review for joystiq.com of one of the launch games for the product and it was so good, I had to share it with the 3 of you who read this blog.

Fighters Uncaged unreview: It's unbelievably ungood

One time, I was pushing a TV around so I could watch He-Man while I ate my Cap'n Crunch in the dining room. I was four years old. I accidentally pushed the TV over, bringing it smashing down on my finger. I had to get eight stitches and I eventually lost the fingernail.

I mention this only so you can fully appreciate the gravity of me saying that the half-hour I spent with Fighters Uncaged was the very worst TV-related thing that has ever happened to me. It's ugly, the fighting moves only work half of the time (except for ones like the straight right leg kick, which work none of the time). The training goes on forever before you get to the first round of actual fighting, which is against ... your trainer. It's terrible. I would erase Kinect from the fabric of time if it meant Fighters Uncaged would similarly be lost to the ether.I'm not giving it a score because I think scoring a game after a half hour sets a bad precedent, and I'd rather eat a rain-soaked box of poison buttholes than ever play Fighters Uncaged again.

1 comment:

  1. This review is amazing. I have not used the kinect but based on the commercials it looks like all you can do is wave your hands in the air like an idiot in front of your family to a dance game that no one likes. I don't really like the idea of standing up for video games. I get the idea of trying to make kids get off the couch so they don't grow into monstrous beasts of humanity who will later sue the fast food industry for causing them to shove copious amounts of calories down their throats at low prices. But those kids aren't gonna buy things like this anyway. This will be like the wii, just parents who think the avatars are cute.

    ReplyDelete