Wednesday, March 9, 2011

10 Random Songs Wednesday


I Knew You Were Waiting For Me by Aretha Franklin & George Michael
I think with all of the other stuff George Michael has become famous for in the past few years people forget how great his voice is. This was a number 1 song in America and the UK in 1987. It's just one of those songs that makes me happy.

Nothing On You by Lupe Fiasco & Bruno Mars
No this is not a mistake. This song was originally for Lupe, not B.O.B. I don't know if Lupe cut it from his project or his record company was just too slow to cut the check but the version of the song I have is not a demo but a finished song that wound up being a number 1 hit for someone else.

If I Can't by 50 Cent
I'm not the biggest 50 Cent fan but he hit a home run with Get Rich Or Die Tryin', this album is a classic. This song is also one of my favorite Dr. Dre beats.

The Prelude by Jay-Z
I know everybody except me and my friend Cool Hand Lex hated Kingdom Come. This is the first song on the album and it was produced by B-Money a producer from St. Louis

Uknowhowwedo by Bahamadia
Kollage is one of the best if not the best solo album by a female emcee ever. The majority of this album was produced by DJ Premier, Guru, The Roots and Da Beatminerz, but this song was produced by Ski. It is shame that more people do not know about her or this incredible album. What is really a shame is that there is no way in hell she would get signed today.

Glaciers Of Ice by Raekwon feat. Masta Killa
I actually bought the cassette single for this after hearing it on Street Vibes which was an underground Hip-Hop show which came on the 88.1 FM in St. Louis. The RZA was on fire with everything he did during this era.

Standing Ovation by Young Jeezy
You have to give credit where credit is due Thug Motivation 101 is a great album. I'm sure Jeezy does not care but if you are a southern rapper that rhymes mostly about selling dope and I like your album, it is a big deal. This is just one of the songs that was not a single that you could play in the club during in the Summer of 2005 and everybody knew the words.

Bizare by U-God
A lot of people see U-God as the weak link in the Wu-Tang Clan, but his first solo album Golden Arms Redemption was not that bad. The first and only single "Bizarre from this project was actually really dope.

Fade Into You by Mazzy Star
This some of the mildly depressing and mopey shit I was into at one point in high school.

One Thing by Freeway feat. Raekwon
Whenever I hear people complain about the state Hip-Hop and I find out they have not listened to certain albums, I just ignore them. The Stimulus Package is one of those albums. Jake one did his job creating a great sound scape, Freeway was on point with the lyrics and anytime you get a great verse from Raekwon, you have nothing to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment