Thursday, March 3, 2011

Stop Doing This

I filled up my car yesterday and gas was $3.45 a gallon which is about 60 cents more per gallon than I paid when I filled up 2 weeks ago. Despite this I still see people using the drive thru at fast food chains. There was a line about 8 cars long yesterday at the Mc Donalds across the street from my place of employment. In the time it took me to park, get out of my car, walk in, order a grilled chicken snack wrap & fries, and walk out, the 8th car in line had only moved 2 spots closer to the window.

It does not matter if you drive a Prius or you are so rich that $10 a gallon gas would not bother you. Everyone must understand that fossil fuels as well as your time your time are finite resources that are wasted when you are too lazy to get out of your car to order food that's sole purpose is to expand your ass. Seeing a woman riding alone in Cadillac Escalade, idling in a drive thru so she can order a diet coke is a prime example of why no one cares when those of us here in the United States complain about the price of oil.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, but not fully... LOL. When I'm solo, I'll usually go in, unless I want to use my wait time to make a call in which case I will stay in the car because I feel bad talking on the phone while I'm ordering and waiting inside. Now, having gone through the drive thru with a car full of 3 kids, there is no way I'm going thru the trouble of gathering troops to get a to-go meal. Sometimes the extra gas used is detrimental to your sanity and mental health. LOL

    ReplyDelete