Monday, March 7, 2011

Purple Label Wool-Blend Hawker Dress Coat

While feeding my sick addiction for Polo clothes to wear for next fall & winter I stumbled upon this this coat which is $1,900 on sale! Considering I only paid $1,200 for the car I am driving now, it is pretty safe to say that this picture is as close as I am going to get to this fine garment. It is from Ralph Lauren's wildly overpriced Purple Label line. If you see someone wearing anything from this line, their life is probably pretty awsome.

As much as I dig the lines on this coat, it is wool blend. Sure the blend is soft angora and plush cashmere but For $1,900 it should be made out of virgin Suri alpaca. That said if a 48 long fell off of the back of a Ralph Lauren truck, I would probably wear it everywhere and tell people I paid full price for it. Actually that is probably not a good idea, because everyone would think my values are all out of wack for getting into a $1,200 car with a $4,995 coat on and they would be right. Damn this is a nice coat!

No comments:

Post a Comment