Sunday, April 17, 2011

Deal With It.

I have not really felt like writing about one thing lately, but my ADD still makes me want to share my random thoughts and opinions about things no one asks me about.

PBS & NPR do NOT receive 5% of the United States budget. That would equal just over 178 billion dollars, and make me the most successful person that any of you know.

I have no idea who Rebbecca Black or Earl Sweatshirt are, and they don't even seem worthy of me clicking a link to find out. If you are a "Hip-Hop Fan" and you want to have a conversation about them and you have not listened to the new album W.A.R. by Pharohe Monch we don't have anything to talk about.

The 2011-2012 NBA Season could very well be cancelled because NBA owners are horrible business people. Unlike the NFL, there is a rookie salary cap so teams don't throw away 50 million dollars on a player who had a good Final Four or McDonald's All American Game. If the Atlanta Hawks want to give Joe Johnson 119 million dollars when the only time people in Atlanta want to pay top dollar to see him play is when Kobe of LeBron come to town, that is not his fault. The NBA also needs to stop subsidizing a money losing product that no one cares about in the WNBA. I'm not worried about women being mad at me for saying that because women by in large don't give a shit about the WNBA either. Lifetime would rather rerun a Nancy Mckeon move than air an L.A. Sparks game.

I am disappointed that President Obama has not reduced the size of the United State's military industrial complex during his term. We have a Cold War military that fights armies that don't have uniforms much less an opposing air force. That said, The President still has my vote for 2012. Watching potential GOP candidates jockey to be the front runner to represent The Republicans is like watching people try to be valedictorian at a clown college. The fact that Donald Trump is even in the conversation is a problem. I would much rather see John McCain run again than any of these weirdos. Now when I say that, I mean the John McCain who hosted SNL and was trying to posthumously pardon Jack Johnson, not the guy who tried to sell us on Sarah Palin.

Alicia Keys is grimmey as hell. The first single on her next album needs to be a remake of Shirley Murdock's "As We Lay".

If you were not sure if America was moving closer to the movie Idiocracy, something called a Snooki was paid the equivalent to a public school teachers yearly salary to speak at Rutgers University. I have only seen one episode of Jersey Shore from start to finish, and from what I can gather she is famous because she a drunk, loud, and tacky degenerate. Something tells me that if I watched more episodes my observations would probably be validated. It's not really a big deal that someone who is not smart, talented or athletic has become famous in America. Kim Kardashian has already done that, but at least Kim is rich, good looking and related to people who are smart, talented and athletic.

It's worth it to be on Twitter just to see which famous people cannot spell.

I used to have Bill Cosby's comedy album Wonderfulness completely memorized. As good as Right with the Noah trilogy is. I always thought this album was funnier. I know a lot of people think that Richard Pryor is the G.O.A.T. but when Richard started out he was trying to be Bill Cosby.

When times get bad the first things people let go of are flat screen televisions and video game systems. That is why pawn shops are full of them. I know this because I love looking for deals at pawn shops. The last time I was there a guy outside the shop tried to sell me a a Nintendo Wii with no cords, controllers, or sensor bar. For those of you who had not already figured it out, this guy had stolen this Wii and was trying to sell it for money to by drugs. If you are wondering, no I did not buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment