Wednesday, January 12, 2011

10 Random Songs Wednesday

It's that time again to see what I am listening to when I am not listening to you.

Baby I'm Scared Of You by Womack & Womack
My good friend Leslie and I always dance to this song even if no one else is into it.

Gz Up Hoes Down by Snoop Doggy Dogg
I remember buying Doggystyle on cassette from Sound Revolution and driving around until I listened to the whole thing from front to back. The only time I interrupted that first play through was to rewind this song so I could listen t it 3 times in a row. Later that night I went to youth group at my church.

Enjoy Yourself by The Jacksons
Like a lot of people my age I heard the Dana Dane song that samples this before I heard the original. The original song is better.

I Wanna Know by The Foriegn Exchange
If you get a chance to see them in concert it is worth it. I actually got to meet Phonte last year and he is the only person who sweats more than I do standing still on stage.

Crown Royal by Jill Scott
This song is just nasty, but in a really good way. It is too damn short though.

Long Kiss Goodnight by The Notorious BIG
I am glad some of BIG's inner circle came out a couple of years ago and finally admitted what everybody in my dorm knew when we heard it back in 1997. This is a dis aimed at an already dead Tupac Shakur.

Smiling by The Alchemist feat Twista & Maxwell
On paper this looks terrible, but this was one of my favorite songs of 2009. This may be one of Twista's best verses.

Automatic by The Pointer Sisters
I used to really like this song when I was young, but I had forgotten about it until I heard it being played in Grand Theft Auto Vice City.

Smart Went Crazy by Atmosphere
This song makes me want to shove people.

I'm In Love With Money by Plies feat. T.I.
I am not above liking really ignorant shit from time to time especially if it is put together well. I can't even remember where I got this song because it is not on any of his albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment